New Residents
       Customer Survey
       Search for Property
       Homestead Exemption
          About Homestead Exemptions
          Determining the Exemption that is Best for Me
          Deadlines and Due Dates
          Senior Homestead Exemption FAQ
          Apply for Homestead Exemptions
          Homestead Application Status
       Billing Information
          General Tax Bill Information
          Billing for City Taxes
          Millage Rate Information
          Property Tax Payment Methods
          Understanding Your Stormwater Fee
       Hours and Locations
       Delinquent Tax Information
          Paying Your Delinquent Bill
          Tax Lien & Tax Sale General Information
          Understanding Penalty, Interest & Fee Charges
       Mobile Home Information
          Registering & Titling
       Other Information
          Tax Assessor's Office
          Determining Who is Legally Responsible for Payment
          Updating the Property Owner Information
          Just Bought a Home or Property
          Just Sold a Home or Property
       Mortgage Company Information
          Payment Submission Requirements
          Liaison Contact Information
          Instructions & Pricing for Obtaining Lender File
          Just Bought a Home or Property
       Glossary of Terms
       Unclaimed Refunds
       Tax Sale Excess Funds
Motor Vehicle
       New Residents
       Customer Survey
       Tag Office Hours and Locations
       Vehicle Registration
          Renew my Tag Online
          When to Renew 
          Four Ways to Renew 
          Transfer a Tag
          New to Georgia
          New to Gwinnett
          Request a Renewal Notice
          Get a Duplicate Registration
          Register a Vehicle I Recently Purchased 
             From a Dealership
             From an Individual/Business (not a dealership)
          Determine Ad Valorem Tax Due
       General Titling
          Titling a Vehicle Purchased from a Dealer
          Titling a Vehicle from an Individual or a Business
          Titling a Vehicle - Recently Established Residence
          Buying a New or Used Vehicle
          Donating a Vehicle
          Sales Tax on Vehicles Purchased Out-of-State
          Selling a Vehicle to a Private Party
          Selling or Trading-in a Vehicle to a Dealer
          Name Change Due to Divorce
          Name Change Due to Marriage
          Name Change Due to Court Order
          Replacement Title
          Title Bond
       Inheritance Titling
          Titling an Inherited Vehicle
          Selling an Inherited Vehicle - No Will
          Selling an Inherited Vehicle - Non-Probated Will
          Selling an Inherited Vehicle - Probated Will
       Cancel My Registration
       Emission Testing
       Vehicle Insurance 
       Change of Address
       Dealer Services
          Dealer, Mail and Fleet Operations
          Dealer, Mail and Fleet Address
          Tag & Title Services
          Dealer TAVT Calculator Worksheets
       Business and Fleet
          Business and Fleet Title Information
          Business and Fleet Registration Information
          Dealer, Mail and Fleet Address
       IRP Registrations     
          IRP Registrations
          IRS Form 2290 Heavy Road Use Tax
       Disabled Person's Placards and Plates
       Proof of Residency
       Other Information
          Determine Ad Valorem Tax Due
          Special Tags
          Servicemember's Affidavit
          Register my Homemade Trailer
       Payment Options
       Identification Requirements for Title Transactions
View/Pay Your Taxes

Print this Page | Email this Page

Registering & Titling

How do I... How do I...

Mobile Home Payment Deadlines

Mobile home bills are mailed in January of each year and are due on or before May 1. Click here for payment options.

All mobile homes in Gwinnett County are required to have a current decal visibly posted. These decals are issued upon receipt of tax payment. If you pay in person, your decal will be issued immediately. If you choose another method of payment, your decal will be mailed to you when payment is received.

If you believe you have been issued a bill in error, contact us at tax@gwinnettcounty.com or 770-822-8800; however, it is your responsibility to ensure that the title has been changed into the new owner’s name and that the registration form has been completed.


Steps to follow after purchase

  • Have the previous owner sign the back of the title and give the title to you.
  • Find the mobile home on the View/Pay your Taxes page to see if the most recent taxes are paid. If taxes are due, pay them.
  • Visit a Gwinnett Tax Commissioner office with your title and tax receipt and have the title changed into your name within 30 days.
  • Fill out a Manufactured Home Change Request Form to request the name change on the property tax records. This form is available at all Gwinnett Tax Commissioner offices.

Changing Ownership of a Mobile Home

When a mobile home is purchased, an ownership change occurs. This ownership change needs to be recorded on the title document for the mobile home. The ownership change must also be documented for County tax records.

Mobile home purchasers have 30 days from the date of purchase to apply for a new title. Failure to do so may result in a fine from the Tax Commissioner or possible litigation from the mobile home seller. 

The Tax Commissioner will only register or change the ownership of a mobile home with a title properly assigned to the current owner. Bills of sale, lease agreements, park reports, or a title where ownership has not been updated on the front of the document will not be accepted.

Registering a Mobile Home

Upon applying for a new title, the mobile home owner will need to register the mobile home with the Department of Property Tax by submitting a copy of the new title and a Manufactured Home Change Request Form obtained from any Gwinnett Tax Commissioner office.

If the home is being moved from another county, proof that taxes are paid up-to-date must be provided along with a copy of the title in the current owner’s name before a mobile home can be registered and a decal issued.  There is a $10 decal charge to register the mobile home. You will also receive the inspection letter for you to take to Gwinnett County Planning and Development. The inspection letter can be obtained only at the Department of Property Tax.

A Gwinnett County decal must be obtained within seven days of locating a mobile home in Gwinnett. 

Relocating or Moving a Mobile Home

To relocate a mobile home, you must obtain a relocation permit from the Department of Property Tax. To obtain a relocation permit, fill out a Manufactured Home Change Request Form with the address that the home is being moved to and the mover's name and address. There is a $10 charge for the relocation decal.

Note: It is unlawful to move a mobile home in Gwinnett County without a relocation permit. Any person violating this is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished with a fine of no less than $200 or more than $1000, or by imprisonment for no more than 12 months, or both.

Updated 10/1/2013